Cape Notoro juts out into the Sea of Okhotsk about 12 km north of Abashiri city area. The scenery changes dramatically from season to season: green grasslands and blue sea in summer, and a silver world and drift ice in winter. The atmospheric lighthouse built in the Taisho era (1912-1926) and cows grazing peacefully around the lighthouse add to the beauty of the scenery.Drift ice is a wintertime tradition at Cape Notoro. The sea ice born on the Siberian coast slowly moves southward, increasing in thickness, to reach the coasts of Abashiri and Shiretoko, and is at its best from mid-February to early March. Enjoy to your heart's content the mystical sight of the sea as the pattern of drift ice changes from moment to moment.
- Drift Ice on Sea of Okhotsk 5 (Hokkaido)
- Merlion Park at Night 1 (Singapore)
- Sella Group of Dolomites 3 (Trentino-Alto Adige)
- City of Reykjavík 1 (Capital Region)
- Drift Ice on Sea of Okhotsk 4 (Hokkaido)
- Illumination at Keskuskatu 1 (Helsinki, Uusimaa)